Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Only Now . . .

. . . two days after the midterm, and I realize my answer may not have worked. The question was asked, "The European Industrial Revolution can be categorized as three separate revolutions. Defend this statement."

I spent half of the blue answer booklet explaining the boxing sequence in Charlie Chaplin's City Lights. How it wasn't just a boxing match that created the pinnacle moment of the silent era. That it was the punch-drunk brute opponent who is thrown off by the bell. It was the rope hanging from the ceiling that hoisted the Tramp in the air. And the referee who was constantly in the way of the fighters. It was several elements that formed the farce within that bout.

The rest of the answer is me talking about how Predator 2 is the apex of the early 90's super-action movie.

I really picked the wrong major.

No comments: