Monday, December 29, 2008

A Reader and Good Friend . . .

. . . found that the blog was back up this morning. If you're out of the loop, it was down for a couple of weeks earlier in December.

For those of you who might have been curious as to why, what follows is an explanation.

In the past five or six weeks, I've been seeing this girl. We met at a T-Pain concert and shared a bus home. It was the magical sort of chance meeting that are known only to the characters played by Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. In the weeks that followed, we spent our work day sending long-winded e-mails to one another - some of mine were pulled directly from this blog's archives. (Cheating? Maybe.)

I'd mentioned in passing that I maintained a top-secret blog, but under no circumstance would she ever lay eyes upon it. Being the resourceful guy that I am, I found a photo of her from a high school reunion while I was cyber-stalking her. I attached it to an e-mail, figuring . . . come to think of it, I don't know why I attached it. It doesn't matter. She schooled me by replaying with, "I decided to go ahead and send you a link to my blog. Oh, wait, that's not mine. That's yours!" It was hyperlinked to a post I'd written about her. Within seconds the page was down, and so was I. (The manner by which she found my secret, unadvertised blog is the source for another anecdote all together. Okay, maybe not. She just searched Kirby, Black, and Trekkie. It was the first result.)

I felt like I betrayed all three of you. I'd apologize, but I feel that I was just in my actions. The 'tang should always come before the readers.

So now Lower Level 30 is back. She's read most of the entries and still decided I'm worth the headache. (That and we live within walking distance of one another. In this City, you'll put up with a lot of shit for walking distance to anything.) It was my friend/reader who texted me this morning, surprised to see the blog resurrected. I explained the girl situation and he replied, 'Is this the end of Relationships Severed Through Telecommunications?'

I don't know, John.

It very well may be.

1 comment:

Moaning Myrtle said...

hm, i think that this could lead to the best ever "relationships severed by telecommunications".