Thursday, January 21, 2010

Something I've Made an Effort . . .

. . . to not mention when talking with my co-workers who were laid off is money.

Everyone being laid off is comfortable that they can draw unemployment, be given a severance and not have to come back to this windowless basement office ever again. As much as the uncertainty of what lay ahead is, they seem to be excisted to be out of here. It's weird, but I do my best to say "Yeah, you're going to find something better than this."

Those of us being retained got a raise. Which to me feels like blood money. I've been lucky to avoid having this come up in any conversation, but one of the other quiet ones told about the increased pay which quickly spread across the office.

I'm writing this from under my desk.

Send help.

No comments: