Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Some months back . . .

. . . my boss proposed this weird task and asked me to be at the helm. I quickly put this new project aside and returned to staring at a wall.

This morning he e-mails me as to the status. My first thought is, "..." So I go into his office, close the door behind me, and go on about how I got fucked on this assignment and with so little support, there's no way this can be done. (Keep in mind, I don't recall what exactly the project was, only that I didn't do it.)

He tells me that I can make this project a priority, and forgo my other responsibilities. Thanking him for his understanding, I leave the office with the promise of taking down this monster by next Friday.

I'm now sitting in a basement pizzeria near City Hall, trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. It's one-thirty. I've been here since noon.

No comments: